A-Cube Research Group was formed more than a decade ago and named after its initial three “A” areas which were Adaptive Layered Manufacturing, Abrasive Waterjet Technology and Automotive Technology. Today, A-Cube focuses its effort on customer-oriented manufacturing that includes design for customer experience, co-created product design, image-based additive manufacturing from 3D CAD models, reverse engineering and sketch-based modeling, and flexible automation for rapid personalized production. Besides, the group also actives in additive manufacturing for tissue engineering.
- Design for Ease of Use
- Customer-Oriented FMEA
- Innovative Design for Customer Experience
- Tiling Automation for Custom Mosaic Design
- Improving Classification of Quality Attributes in the Kano Model
- Electrospinning-Based Rapid Prototyping for Scaffold Fabrication
- Rasool*, F., Koomsap, P., Costa*, M.C., (2017). Characteristics and Potential for Successful Co-Creation, Journal of Industrial Integration and Management, Volume 2, 1750015
- Koomsap, P., and Charoenchokdilok*, T., (2016). Improving Risk Assessment for Customer-Oriented FMEA, Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, DOI: 10.1080/14783363.2016.1274229.
- Parajuli*, D., Koomsap, P., Parkhi*, A.A., and Supaphol, P., (2016). Experimental Investigation on Process Parameters of Near-Field Deposition of Electrispinning-Based Rapid Prototyping, Virtual and Physical Prototyping, Volume 11, Issue 3, pp. 193-207, DOI: 10.1080/17452759.2016.1210314.
- Chanthakulchan*, A., Koomsap, P., Parkhi*, A.A., and Supaphol, P., (2015). Environmental Effects in Fiber Fabrication Using Electrispinning-Based Rapid Prototyping, Virtual and Physical Prototyping, Volume 10, Issue 4, pp. 227-237, DOI: 10.1080/17452759.2015.1112411.
- Chanthakulchan*, A., Koomsap, P., Auyson*, K., and Supaphol, P., (2015). Development of an Electrospinning-Based Rapid Prototyping for Scaffold Fabrication, Rapid Prototyping Journal, Volume 21, Issue 3, pp. 329-339, DOI: 10.1108/RPJ-11-2013-0119. (a highly commended paper in the 2016 Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence)
- Phooripoom*, N., and Koomsap, P., (2015). Design and Development of Tiling Automation for Custom Mosaic Design, Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Volume 35, pp. 55-68, DOI:10.1016/j.rcim.2015.02.005.
- Risdiyono**, and Koomsap, P., (2013). Design by Customer: Concept and Application, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Volume 24, Issue 2, pp. 295-311,DOI: 10.1007/s10845-011-0587-4.
- Rianmora**, S., and Koomsap, P., (2011). Structured Light System-Based Selective Data Acquisition, Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Volume 27, Issue 4, pp. 870-880, DOI 10.1016/j.rcim.2011.02.002.
- Kuagoolkijgarn*, P., Koomsap, P., and Chansri**, N., (2010). A New Algorithm for Tracing Nests of Interconnected Contours, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Volume 50, Issue 5, pp. 717-727, DOI 10.1007/s00170-010-2540-7.
- Rianmora**, S., Koomsap, P., and Van Hai, D.P., (2009). Selective Data Acquisition for Direct Integration of Reverse Engineering and Rapid Prototyping, Virtual and Physical Prototyping, Volume 4, Issue 4, pp. 227 239. (editors choice for 2009)
** Doctoral student
Contact: Dr. Pisut Koomsap, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Location: ISE 235